Juxtaposing beauty and power, inventive movement and disjointed
composition, my work distills the awkward and virtuosic into a
distinct aesthetic quality. I create my project-based works with a
changing group of performers in New York City and in Tel
- 2013 Jerome Robbins Fellowship, Bogliasco Foundation
- 2012 John Simon Guggenheim Foundation
- 2010 New York Foundation of the Arts
- 2010-2012 Six Points Fellowship
- 2013 ICI Berlin
- 2012 Baryshnikov Arts Center
- 2011 Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, Swing Space
- 2010-2013 Tribeca Performing Arts Center
Original work commissions:
- La Mama Etc (NYC, 2012)
- Dance New Amsterdam (NYC, 2010)
- Danspace Project (NYC, 2009)
- Harkness Dance Festival (NYC, 2008)
- Curtain-Up Festival (Tel-Aviv/Jerusalem, 2006)
- Intimadance Festival (Tel-Aviv, 2006, 2007)
- The Yard Dance Colony (Martha’s Vineyard, 2003)
- International Dance-Theater Festival Stuttgart, Germany
- New York City - The Kitchen Works-in-Process, Movement Research @ Judson Church, 92nd Street Y, Brooklyn Museum, Joyce Soho, La Mama Moves!, Danspace Project Food-For-Thought
- Tel Aviv - International-Exposure, Different Dance Festival
- Other - Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, Painted Bride Theater-Philadelphia Fringe Festival
Works commissioned by other companies:
- 2013 SPDW Dance Theater (Chicago, IL)
- 2012 Zenon Dance Company (Minneapolis, MN)
- 2011, 2012 University of the Arts (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2011 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts
- 2010 Harkness Repertory Ensemble (NYC)
- 2010 OfMovingColors (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
- 1999, 2001 Misgav Dance Workshop (Galilee, Israel)
- Merzt Gilmore Foundation
- The Fund for Creative Communities
- Manhattan Community Arts Fund
- Israel Lottery Foundation
- Puffin Foundation.
In addition to my work as a choreographer, I perform in the works of others. I was a member of Doug Varone and Dancers 2007-2012, and have also worked with Nancy Bannon, Karinne Keithley, Mark Jarecke Dance, Noemie LaFrance, Ronit Ziv, Zoltan Nagy, and the Metropolitan Opera Ballet.
I am currently dancing for choreographer Joanna Kotze.
I have taught modern technique at Yasmeen Godder’s Studio (Jaffa, Israel), Bikurey Haitim Center (Tel-Aviv, Israel), OfMovingColors (Baton Rouge, Louisiana), The Yard, Misgav Dance Workshop. I have staged works by Doug Varone at the University of Michigan and at Point Park College (Pennsylvania), and, through his auspices, i'v taught throughout the USA and abroad.
I was born in South Carolina, where i had my first dance performance at age 3 (see above). I moved to the Galilee in Israel soon after and trained at the Misgav Dance Workshop, the school of the Kibbutz Dance Company in Ga’aton, and Bat-Dor studios in Tel-Aviv. In 1996 I relocated to New York to earn a BFA in Dance from Tisch School of the Arts. I work mainly in Tel Aviv and in New York. Currently I am living in Berlin.